TAM seminar on European Guidelines for quality assurance in higher education: theory and practice
The first day of the seminar was held at the Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute (TPMI) on 11 October 2017. The round table meeting was attended by above 20 participants representing Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialised Education, State Testing Centre, TPMI and the National Team of Higher Education Reform Experts. Welcoming speeches to the round table participants were addressed by the Head of Department of MHSSE Mr. Madamin Aripdjanov and Mrs Nazifa Valieva, Head of Department of TPMI.
The second day of the seminar continued in the premises at the same Institute on 12 October 2017. Over 70 participants benefited the live seminar, full of interactive presentations and discussions.
During the two-day event Mr. Rafael Llavori, Head of Unit for Institutional and International Relations, Agency for Quality Evaluation and Accreditation of Higher Education of Spain (ANECA) delivered presentations on the quality assurance in Higher Education sharing with EU and Spain experiences.
Participants learnt about:
- Accreditation in accordance with the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance (ESG);
- Establishing a new agency and adopting the ESG – the EU experience;
- European standards and guidelines with focus on independence of agencies and collaboration with stakeholders;
- Challenges in establishing agencies in Central Asia and Uzbekistan;
- Improvement of current Quality Assurance (QA) mechanisms based on the best standards and experiences of the world;
- Further development of QA criteria and methods.
More detailed information is provided in the materials provided below (programme
, press release