Erasmus+ is the European Union new programme for 2014-2020 to support projects, partnerships, events and mobility in the areas of education, training youth and sport.
Erasmus+ replaces seven programmes bringing together
· The Lifelong Learning Programme (Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, Comenius, Grundtvig and Jean Monnet)
· The Youth in Action programme
· Five international cooperation programmes (Tempus, Erasmus Mundus, Alfa, Edulink, the programme for cooperation with industrialised countries)
· The new sport action.
It provides funding opportunities for cooperation in all these areas, both among European countries, and between these European countries and Partner Countries throughout the world.
Erasmus+ includes a strong international dimension (i.e. cooperation with Partner Countries) notably in the fields of Higher Education and youth.
In the field of Higher Education, Erasmus supports the following main Actions targeting cooperation with Partner Countries:
- International credit mobility of individuals and Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (under Key Action 1) promoting the mobility of learners and staff from and to Partner Countries
- Capacity Building projects in Higher Education (under Key Action 2) promoting cooperation and partnerships that have an impact on the modernization and internationalisation of Higher Education Institutions and systems in Partner Countries, with a special focus on Partner Countries neighbouring the EU
- Support to policy dialog (under Key Action 3) through the network of Higher Education Reform Experts in Partner Countries neighbouring the EU, the international alumni association, policy dialogue with Partner Countries and international attractiveness and promotion events
- Jean Monnet activities with the aim of stimulating teaching, research and reflection in the field of European Union studies worldwide
Programme Countries, which can fully take part in all the Actions of the Erasmus+ Programme:
28 Member States of the European Union (EU) and 5 Non EU Programme Countries (former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey).
Partner Countries, which can take part in certain Actions of the Programme, subject to specific criteria or conditions: Eastern Partnership countries, Southern Mediterranean countries, Western Balkans, Russian Federation and Central Asia countries.
For more detailed information on the programme visit the main web-site of Erasmus+ and EACEA
The contacts of Programme Countries’ National Agencies can be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/national_agencies_en.htm
The contacts of the Partner Countries’ National Erasmus+ Offices can be found at: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/contacts/national-erasmus-plus-offices_en